Saturday, April 6, 2013

Healing from within

I've been feeling a little under the weather. I know when something is coming on, and usually I will take over the counter medication to try to contain whatever is attacking my body. Being that I'm nursing though, I can't take most of the cold medication out there (nor do I want that stuff in my body anymore anyway). The only way I know how to heal my body naturally is with food. Yes, you heard right.
I'm currently reading the book It starts with food. One of the quotes that struck me:

"The food you eat either makes you more healthy or less healthy. Those are your options. There is no food neutral."

So in good food fashion I juiced a disgusting amount of fruits and vegetables and let the vitamins and nutrients do their thing. I also made a smoothie with things I'm not able to juice like banana and spinach (you can juice spinach, but I feel like I get more with the smoothie). And sure enough after just one day of feeling sluggish and that awful "I'm coming down with something" feeling, I started to get more energy, my throat wasn't as scratchy, and my nose unplugged. Two days later, I never did come down with that "something."
And the other amazing thing is, baby is getting all of this through my milk as well, rather than over the counter medications.
The power of food is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment