The other day my mom posted this banana upside down cake recipe. Hang on while I clean up this puddle for salivating over her dessert! Since we eat gluten/grain-free, this was unfortunately a no go.
My healthy alternative?
Yummy banana ice cream that's so easy to make, you'll wonder why I even bothered posting a recipe!
3 Ripe Bananas - the riper (more ripe?) the bananas, the sweeter the ice cream will be.
1 T almond butter (or peanut butter if you prefer)
No, I didn't forget anything....
1. Cut the bananas up into small pieces, stick in a tupperware container, and freeze.
2. Try not to check the freezer every 30 minutes to see if they're frozen yet.
3. Take them out and put them in a blender and blend.
4. Blend some more.
5. Scrape the sides, mix it up, and blend some more.
6. Yep, you're still blending.
7. Once smooth, (don't give up it'll get there) add almond butter.
Oh, and don't even try to compare this to the pictures on my mom's blog, hers are far superior.
Delicious! Next time I'll experiment with flavor a bit, perhaps add some berries, or dark chocolate...mmm.