Friday, October 26, 2012

A sign?

 I stood in my high heels and betty crocker apron lovingly mixing muffin batter as my clean kitchen sparkled in the background....
 I stood in my pajamas with spit up on my robe dumping muffin "powder" from a box into a bowl. Thinking that it seems strange that this magic powder could turn into yummy banana bread muffins in just 12 minutes. Where is this banana flavor coming from? And the walnut flavor? I don't see any bananas or walnuts in there. What is really in this so-called batter? Plus I'm trying to live a healthier life and I'm sure muffin mix from a box is not condusive to that..
I thought back to the time I made a yummy caramel apple cake from scratch for a work carry-in. A few weeks later, I wanted to make some for us, but didn't feel like messing with all the ingredients so I bought a boxed one. It smelled the same, but when I bit into the cake, I spit out this rubbery looking piece. Eeeeew what was that? ..It was supposed to be the "apple." Who knows, maybe it really was rubber... back to the muffins... I stuck them in the oven and started feeding the baby. Baby sweetly fell asleep on my lap and I started catching up on my reading. About half an hour later an unpleasant smell started wafting in through the kitchen... Oh crap, the muffins! They were unsalvageable. I'm taking it as a sign from my healthy living muse that I shouldn't have eaten those anyway. From now I'll be making my own batter... and setting the timer.

1 comment: